St Michael’s Cloonacool Community Centre Ltd is based in the heart of Cloonacool Village, Co Sligo.
It is a vibrant centre catering for all local events and activities.
We have a voluntary committee who co-ordinate all activities in St Michael’s (Cloonacool) Community Centre during the year.
Over the years we have undertaken to fundraise continuously as we are not a profit-making organisation.
The committee run fundraising activities throughout the year to bring in funds to keep the centre operating.
The following are events organised on an annual basis or indeed a once off basis!
- Cloonacool Summer Festival.
- ‘Sheep Dog Trials’
- Homemade ‘Boat Race’.
- 25 Card Game in Cloonacool Community Centre
- Table Quiz Prize for Adults, Students, and National School teams.
- Car Treasure Hunt.
- Boston Tea Party,
- Table Top/Car Boot Sale,
- Family Fun Day,
- Bag Packing
- Food & Vegetable Market.
- Indoor & Outdoor Car Boot Sale, Car
- Scrap Metal Collection
- Cake Sale at the “Tubbercurry Old Fair Day”
- American Tea Party in St Michael’s Community Centre, Cloonacool
- Harvest Fayre” & “Bring & Buy Sale”
- Cloonacool Cycle
- Ceile: In St Brigid’s Hall, Tubbercurry
- Family Fun Walk
- Mock Wedding
- A Night at the “Wild West” Movies in Cloonacool Laighne Film Productions with “THE 3:10 TO CLAREMORRIS”
Other Facilities/Activities provided by the Committee
- Basket Ball court
- Tennis court
- Car park
- Christmas Lights
- Cloonacool Community Christmas Party
- The development and upkeep of the mass rock area in Masshill
- St Michaels Cemetery: upkeep throughout the year and preparation for annual mass
- Kilcummin Graveyard: upkeep throughout the year and preparation for annual mass
- Sponsor of Rural Social Scheme
Rural Social Scheme
Cloonacool Community Centre Committee are the sponsors of a Rural Social Scheme in the Cloonacool area over the past years in conjunction with Co Sligo LEADER Partnership.
The Rural Social Scheme provides employment for local people in their own area and in return they carry out excellent work in their community.
The Committee express our thanks to all the staff members on the Rural Social Scheme for the continued excellent work carried out throughout the parish.
The graveyards are in excellent condition with grass cut and paths cleared.
The Community centre is neat and tidy indoors and out. Flowers of every colour are in bloom adding that special touch to the whole area
The church grounds are in immaculate condition following the work carried out throughout the summer months and ongoing into the winter while weather permits.
Visits to the elderly and house bound are carried out as requested in a caring and friendly atmosphere.
Work is ongoing at the mass rock in Masshill, which has enhanced the area for locals and visitors alike creating a beautiful peaceful outdoor area available to everyone for the following:
- Private Pilgrimage
- Public pilgrimage
- The Carrying of the Cross on Good Friday
- Masses – Dawn masses /evening masses
- Prayer groups
- The work is being carried out in balance with the natural surroundings of a peaceful country hillside, and keeping in mind the historical past of the Mass Rock.
- A permanent Outdoor Altar has been erected to accommodate the people and clergy when the mass is celebrated on various occasions throughout the year.
- Masshill has been created as a safe environment for young and old.